Ingredients, Serves 6
-3 large eggplants
• 2 mozzarella
• 200 gr Greek black olives
• 100g black olive paste
• 2 clove, finely chopped
• extra vergin olive oil (EVO Oil)
• 400 g or more to taste, cans of tomatoes, chopped
• 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
• 500g conchiglioni
• 50g pecorino romano and parmesan 50 g
• salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• Cut the eggplant into slices, sprinkle with 3/4 pinches of salt and let it sit while letting the excess water drain out.
• Once ready, add the olive oil in an ovenproof dish and cook the eggplant until they are golden.
In a saucepan, fry garlic in olive oil, add eggplant and chopped tomatoes and stir well.
• Addsalt and pepper and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
• At the same time, pre-cook the pasta in boiling salted water for half the specified time (about 10 min)
• Drain the pasta and put them in a large bowl, add a little olive oil and mix well and allow to cool slightly
• Fill each conchiglione with the sauce and a little olive paste and put it on a baking sheet, where previously you would have put a little olive oil and a little sauce
• Mix gently but well with your hands. Once done add the mozzarella, chopped olives, a bit of olive paste here and there, pecorino and parmesan.
• Finish cooking the conchiglioni in the oven, and when you see the melted mozzarella and golden Parmesan, remove, (about 15 minutes at 200°), Add the fresh basil leaves, a little black pepper and a little oil olive and serve!
Jamie Oliver' Food Revolution's Ambassador in Brussels, passionate cook, to inspire, nourish, travel, through food, escapes and words.
Click to set custom HTML