In these difficult days around the world,
None of us is immune from sadness, anger, disappointment, stress, or loneliness.
Yet, I wish to think all of these things are temporary – they really are.
Just as we know winter will turn into spring, just as we know the days will get longer after the solstice and the darkness must give way to light: so should we be assured that hard times will always give way to new good times.
Thus, with this newsletter i'd love to bring you a bit of sweetness and ideas for your Holidays, with the wish of seeing you all soon in some places in the World!
If you are travelling during the holidays, I wish you a safe journey and look forward to seeing you back relaxed and refreshed next year.
And I wish all of you a wonderful, joyful Christmas, and a happy, happy successful New Year!
Remember there are still some places available for my New year's Eve Dinner, in Brussels, and my Christmast feast in Rome! Just book sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Typically Italian Christmas Feast in Rome!
Traveling to Rome on Christmas day? Spend the 25th at Lunch time with me and my cousin Cristina for a memorable lunch! 45 euros per person check the menu here below!
New Years Eve's Dinner!
As now a Tradition, come and enjoy the incredible atmosphere of a special dinner and fun with new people and friends! Limited to 20 people so hurry up and book fast!
SECCO AL COGNAC CON CROSTINI DI GAMBERI
TIMBALLI DI BRISEE CON TORTELLINI FUNGHI GRANA E BRANDY
TERRINA DELICATA AL CAPRINO POMPELMO E PISTACCHI
CAVOLFIORE AL GRATIN DI GRANA
ASPIC AL LAMBRUSCO E FRUTTI D'INVERNO
GRANDE MERINGA ALLA CREMA DI LIMONE E MELOGRANO
TORRONE AL LIMONCELLO
Vini Italiani, Prosecco e Champagne
To secure your place, your payment is required at the moment of booking
Pasticcio di casarecce
The Pasticcio is a Sicilian recipe rich and flavorful, perfect to be realized during the Christmas holidays:
600 grams bread dough
400 grams caserecce
400 grams minced pork
400 grams canned tomatoes
1 deciliter red wine
1 sprig of parsley
300 grams of coliflower
250 grams of ricotta
100 grams pecorino with black pepper
extra vergin olive oil
1) fry the onion and parsley in a pan with a little oil, add the minced meat, brown it, add the wine and let it evaporate.
Add the chopped tomatoes and salt, and cook over low heat for 40 minutes.
2) saute cauliflower florets in a little oil. boil al boil al dente the casarecce, drain and season with half the sauce and half of the grated cheese.
3) grease with oil a mold of 26 cm in diameter and line with a disc of bread dough; put over the casarecce, then the remaining meat sauce, cauliflower, crumbled ricotta and the remaining pecorino. Cover with the second disk of dough and seal edges. Needle the surface with a fork, brush it with oil and cook the pie in the oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes, until browned on the surface.
Turkey's dumpling with christmas' mustard
8 slices turkey breast
100 grams flour
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup white wine
30 grams raisins
30 grams sugar
2 tablespoons mustard
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
q.s. extra virgin olive oil
1) dice the apples and onions and sauté them in a saucepan with half the butter and a little 'oil for 25 minutes: when they are half cooked add the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; at the end of the cooking add the mustard and raisins.
2) farce the slices of meat with the mixture, and roll them with kitchen string, flour them and sauté them with the remaining butter and a little 'oil. deglaze with the white wine and continue cooking covering with a lid.
3) when the sauce has reduced, turn off and serve the dumplings sliced. if you like, you can complete the dish with a few drops of balsamic vinegar.
Sweet gourmet's panettone
Cut the panettone in 5 layers widthwise with the help of a serrated knife. finely chop the chocolate, let it melt in a bain marie with the cream and let it cool.
Mix the mascarpone with the sugar, grated orange rind and cognac. put the base of the cake on a serving platter and spread it with half the mascarpone cream. continue with a layer of berries and 1 slice of cake.
Spread on this layer cake the chocolate cream and sprinkle with candied peels. cover with another cake and end with raspberry jam and pineapple chunks. complete with another layer of panettone spread on it more chocolate cream and the berries and ends with the cover of the cake.
Let it rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour. decorate with the remaining mascarpone cream and with other fresh berries.
Ristoranti contro la fame
(restaurants against hunger) Till the 16th of December
If you are in Italy just add 2 euro to your restaurant bill to help a child overcome malnutrition!
Restaurants against Hunger is a campaign to combat hunger in the world , with the help of participating restaurants and the solidarity of all .
Check the list of the Restaurants here:
Italy - Modica
ChocoModica, is a food and wine event dedicated to artisan chocolate, which takes place in the beautiful setting of the historic center of Modica from 5 to 8 December 2015
The most delicious event of this year Sicilian winter will touch the prestigious buildings, the squares and the monuments of the historic center, pearl of Sicilian Baroque e Humanity Heritage. In line with the claim, the image chosen for this edition: a traveler to the Cathedral of St. George, whose case has the shape of the classic chocolate of Modica.
UK - London
MAZI MAS IS A ROAMING RESTAURANT THAT SERVES GLOBAL HOME COOKING IN THE HEART OF LONDON.
We cook the kind of food we love to eat: simple, full of flavour, and rooted in rich cultural traditions. We source our produce from farms around London, and pride ourselves on using local, seasonal, and sustainable ingredients – not because it’s fashionable, but because it’s how our mothers taught us to cook.
Mazí Mas is a social enterprise dedicated to supporting women from migrant and refugee communities. We provide opportunities for women who aspire to careers in the food industry to gain paid work experience, develop their skills, tell their stories, and connect with the wider public.
Jamie Oliver' Food Revolution's Ambassador in Brussels, passionate cook, to inspire, nourish, travel, through food, escapes and words.
Click to set custom HTML